Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our Mt. Evans adventure...

Luke took me for a drive up to the top of Mt. Evans today! We had a wonderful time! What an amazing drive that is! I recommend it to anyone who is in the I-70 corridor area - it is a must see! Apparently the weather is only good enough for the road up to the top to stay open a few weeks out of the year, in the summer obviously, so take advantage of it while you can! :)

I did learn though, that when you have a Jeep, you're expected to drive through every mud puddle, water puddle, etc that you can....sometimes this is fun, and sometimes this can turn out badly! :) Luke saw this giant puddle of water, and decided to show his crazy manliness and drive on through it - well it was SO DEEP!! We got majorly stuck....like majorly! Another Jeep eventually drove by, and we hooked up to them and they pulled us out. It was quite the adventure :) I will have to try and edit some of the "stuck" photos soon - the only problem was that we were so stuck and in so deep that I was unable to get out - so I could only take photos of the water seeping in around us! haha! Good times all around though!

Enjoy the mountain and snow photos!











0 comments: